Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

Having trouble getting the Internet n my kindle fire, Model

Customer Question

Having trouble getting the Internet n my kindle fire
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Model kindle fire he 3rd generation
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Today went on settings to wireless Wifi is not connected then it says authentication oroblem
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

The first thing I would suggest doing is going to your wireless settings, selecting the network that you are normally connected to and select "forget". That will clear the connection, then you can try setting it up again with your WiFi password. If that doesn't work, you can do a complete reset of the Kindle. To do that, hold the power in the on position for a full 20 seconds. After it resets, all data is erased. Go through the setup again, using the same Kindle account that you were using previously. This will sync all your previously purchased books.