Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I just tried to purchase a book and was told my credit card

Customer Question

I just tried to purchase a book and was told my credit card was rejected. That's impossible. I owe nothing on the credit card
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's a Samsung Galaxy. About four years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just happened. I bought one book; then tried to buy another in the series and the sale was rejected.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think that it is an electronics issue. It has something to do with recognizing the right credit card.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

YOu need to contact your credit card company. Oftentimes they suspect that multiple online purchases from the same company in close succession may be fraudulent, and they block the second purchase. YOu just need to call the toll-free number on the back of your card and let them know that you authorize the purchase, and once they identify you as the cardholder, they will remove the block.