Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have an old Kindle but no longer remember my account

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Kindle but no longer remember my account information. I purchased a Kindle Fire 7 and want to register it and use the books I have already purchased for my old Kindle. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I don't know. It just says amazonkindle at the top of the front that is 4.75" by 7.5". I have a red cover with a red rubber band to keep the cover and Kindle together. It was when the Kindle was new and cost about $400--long time ago.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I misplaced the older one, bought the newer one in 2016 and then didn't take the time to register it and merge my accounts. My husband's name is***** who has his own Kindle for about 5 years ago. He has his own account but we want to use the same one.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it right now.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Android Devices
8/3/2017
Android Device Expert: Rusty Rescue, Technician replied 6 months ago
Rusty Rescue
Rusty Rescue, Technician

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

I'll need to figure out how to go about whether you used an email address, or a phone number. I'll need you to go to Amazon.com and click sign in. If you're already signed in, log out, then go to sign back in. You'll need to remember the email address that was used, then you can recover the password. You'll need to try phone numbers, email accounts, anything that is not used by your current account.

This may take some time, but you will need to figure out which email address or phone was used, recover the password, and sign in with those credentials on your new Kindle.

Rusty Rescue
Rusty Rescue
Rusty Rescue, Technician