Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

My answering system is now saying: please enter remote

Customer Question
My answering system is...

My answering system is now saying: please enter remote access code rather than going to my recorded message

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Phone is still working just not the answering system. I just used the phone to get this website.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The phone expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

I called Cox which is my provider. They tried several types of resets and concluded that the problem was with my phone. Is their some sort of reset available. I have tried unplugging everything and replugging and nothing happened.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?

That's about all that I know

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Android Devices
8/3/2017
Android Device Expert: p0llinate, Engineer replied 6 months ago
p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model of your phone?
Can you tell me how (what buttons/process) you are checking your messages?

model # L:CL84100
Just push play/stop to play messages.

So when you press play, on the att main base station, it is asking for a code?

I would have trouble talking on cell as reception inside shop is terrible and that is where the land line phone is.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

I just replied to a live phone call and would have trouble with cell phone reception by phone. Will you be able to help or just return me to a menu asking for an additional $20?
Sorry , just finding your answer. When I press play it only says Yu have no messages. It does not ask for any code

Okay so where/when is the request for a code coming up?

Or are you saying that when someone calls you, they hear that instead of the outgoing greeting message?

I have found my old manual and believe that I have found the problem. Thanks

if it is what I mentioned, then it is because it is set to the toll saver mode or the answer system is actually turned off. You would just hit the ans on/off button on the base once to toggle it back on.

p0llinate
p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer