Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have a new phone and cannot get it activated to use on my…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new phone and cannot get it activated to use on my existing account.

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

I have not been able to user this phone at all

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The phone expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

There is no data to lose since this is a new phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?

I do not think so. Do you need to know the phone number associated with my account

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Android Devices
8/2/2017
Android Device Expert: Josh, Technician replied 6 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Who is your cell phone carrier?

Verizon
This is my friends phone and I am not surre she would want to spend $20.00

Okay, let me know if you wish to continue.

continue
the phone is a galaxy J1

What is the error message that you see?

I do not get an error just a message that it will not connect due to the phone has not been activated

Did they call Verizon to activate the phone on their account?

Cannot connect to a live person at Verizon with the phone number we have.
I tried and got the message that a network connection is not available

Please call 1-***-***-**** to speak with Verizon

OK is this the end of my support with you?
Verizon will need to handle it from here.
I called and this was no help it told me to log on to her account at Verizon and she is nott a computer user so I do not think she has any idea.

You said "it" told you -- Did you speak to a live person? They can activate it over the phone with you. I have activated hundreds of phones.

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer