Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I am setting up 6 Android Tablets for my work. I have done…

Customer Question
I am setting up...

I am setting up 6 Android Tablets for my work. I have done all bar 2 but as sons as i turn it on and use the standard web browser i get a security certificate error. I have checked clock and date settings and all are correct. The devices were bought from china and just sent over.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

The Device is a Cube and i have just bought it new

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have turned them on for the first time today and it started straight away. I look it up on google and a common fix it turning off Auto time settings which i have done and no improvement. I have checked the trusted certificates are all checked on and they are.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?

No .... i think that is it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Android Devices
8/3/2017
Android Device Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest first of all, as well as making sure the YEAR setting is correct on the devices' clocks, at 2017 - the most commonplace cause of certificate errors - that you also make sure the devices do not have a very backward Android OS version, and even then, try running a routine search-for-updates-to-Android-OS on them and then after that's thoroughly done, in about 10+ minutes or more after that, restart the devices... that is, shut them down totally, wait several minutes with them Off, then start them up again, rather than merely suspending them.

If that doesn't work, tell me what you found, and what browser and what browser version is on the problem devices.

Russell H., Service Tech