Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Droid Turbo has recently been disconnecting from many

Customer Question

My Droid Turbo has recently been disconnecting from many calls make from or to my home office. This doesn't happen in other locations.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's a Droid Turbo 2, Android version 7.0, a reconditioned replacement phone.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's been going on for one week. If I move to other parts of the house, the connection is fine. I haven't tried troubleshooting.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I thinnk that's all.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
There may be a cause for that problem that is local to your home office.

Please tell me a few things about the home office:

- does it have a WiFi router or wireless router/modem?

- does it have a cordless phone?

- does it have a microwave that is used much (as opposed to any number of microwaves that are usually not being used, which are not likely to affect anything, you see) ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, my computer has a wireless router and I use my Droid for calls, no microwave in use.

OK... does your Droid have fast data service enabled on it?

If so... the presence of WiFi, of a wireless router, may be throwing off access to phone service in an odd way.

I advise you to go into the Settings, then the Network Settings, and make sure that one of these two is switched Off

- the WiFi should be Off, is my guess.

(-the 2G/3G/4G data service is the other one. I presume you find using it for calls just fine-?)

When both are On, one can interfere with the other.

Let me know how that works out.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will do, thanks. Is it okay if my response is delayed by an hour or so? I'll need to place several calls.

That's A-OK fine, and I understand the necessity of trying it out for sure.

You may return here at http://www.justanswer.com/cell-phones/aku7h-droid-turbo-recently-disconnecting.html anytime.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.