Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation with 7 yrs + hands on experience in Consumer Electronics equipments and Circuitry
22727371

I dropped my htc in water yesterday and it is in rice. The

Customer Question

Hi I dropped my htc in water yesterday and it is in rice. The off and on button vibrates in my hand but the screen is still black
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: m9 and 2 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only yesterday and rice and husband out metho
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it rhabks
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The problem is that water conducts electricity. When the water fell on your mobile, it also went inside the mobile to the main board etc. The moment you turned the mobile ON while it was still wet inside, the mobile experienced a number of short circuits and crossed connections due to which many electronics components and circuits have damaged.
Mobile contains both electronic and mechanical components.when water is spilled on it, the water can form current bridges that will prevent the device from operating correctly.
The moment water got spilled you should have disassembled the mobile and then clean and eliminate any water and deposits from the circuit board by using a drying agent like acetone.
Now, the mobile has to be opened and the components need to be thoroughly checked and diagnosed.The damaged components need to be replaced to get back everything to alright.

Things which you can do now:
Please let the phone sit in a bag of rice for approximately 12 hours. It will drain out moisture completely from the phone. Many chances are there, that your phone will recover.
After that try turning it on, if it doesn't turn on then it verifies a fatal hardware error has occurred because of which the phone is not turning on. Most of the chips in the phone are encased in plastic packages, a short circuit has happened due to the water. The only option left for you is to call your carrier for a replacement device.

I am sorry to give you a bad news.