Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My ph is on emergency calls only how do I fix it, its a

Customer Question

Hi my ph is on emergency calls only how do I fix it
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: its a Huawei 2 months old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: since yesterday ive tsken the sim card out turned ph on and off still not working
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The 'emergency calls only' refers to your still being in touch with local cell transmission/reception 'towers', and being able to make 9-1-1 calls.

That state, in a cell phone or smart phone, can either be produced by your simply running out of minutes - in which case, contacting your cellular service provider company, and topping off your minutes (or, speaking more accurately, checking on the status of your account, and whether you may have run out of service time... and proceeding from there), is the normal thing to do.

If you cannot use your own phone for that purpose (contacting your service provider) then you will have to use another person's phone, or another phone at least.

If you have a computer, you might be able to briefly use Google's phone facility for the purpose, especially if you have a GMail account. Let me know if you'd like to pursue that, and I will instruct you if so.

But there is another case, sometimes: your phone may simply be in an odd state where it thinks it has no minutes left, or is not in touch with your provider, etc. In which case, trying this can help:

- shut down the phone with the Power button.

- wait 20 minutes.

- turn it On again, wait for it to completely boot up and initialize.

- see if you can make phone calls again now.

If you also need to get the Customer Support # for your phone service provider, let me know and I will look that up for you.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.