Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I'm tying to unlock my sony xperia c6906, I was given a

Customer Question

Good day, I'm tying to unlock my sony xperia c6906, I was given a unlock code for the network but when I put my active foreign sim card in it does not prompt me for nck code, I receive a message at the top of my phone saying no sim card emergency calls only, I don't know what to do to prompt it for the unlock code
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Sony expired
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's been going on for a week, since I tried putting a bell sim card into my old provider Rogers sony phone.. I have factory reset my phone through my computer thinking it was a software error, I also had a new sim card activated which it does work because my phone recognizes the phone number of the sim card but it still says no sim card emergency calls only
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't understand, I'm being told I Need to but a foreign sim card in and it will prompt network code to unlock
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

The issue is it is not detecting the SIM card at all.

What is the model of the Sony? And which was the original cell provider for it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sony xperia c6906 original provider was rogers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thanks

Remove the sim card, rub it on your sleeve, put it back in the phone and tell me if it then works please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nope didn't work
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Do you have another cell phone available there?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but the Sim cards are different sizes
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, the fact is says no sim card means a fault with the phone, it's sim port or the sim card itself

Have you done a full reset of the phone yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I attached to my computer and did a whole reset on my phone.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I sync my phone with my computer and did a full reset
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, then it is either a faulty sim port on the phone or a faulty sim card.

Contact your provider, have them send you out a new sim card and tell me if that works in the phone please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did had them change it twice to make sure he sim was working, I'm assuming it's my phone than
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

It is, we have ruled everything else out

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you