Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

I have a kindle fire - a gift of my dad (Germany) but I live

Customer Question

Hi I have a kindle fire - a gift of my dad (Germany) but I live in cape town/south africa. I have memory issues and would like to increase my memory if possible. is there a way? I use the kindle for ebooks but the memeory is taken for movies for my kids. We will travel the southern africa for a year and the kindle would be the best device to take with - we will not have internet exess all the time - so I need to download the movies I have purchased with amazon... can you help? best regards Regina
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kindle fire /***@******.*** Regina Ruther
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: where can I find the infos you need? I don't have any manual unfortunately.
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi Regina,

You can send the phone call request now

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I live in south africa - is this a problem?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

No, it isn't

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have paid already 370ZAR. How about trying the writing way first?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi I have a kindle fire - a gift of my dad (Germany) but I live in cape town/south africa. I have memory issues and would like to increase my memory if possible. is there a way? I use the kindle for ebooks but the memeory is taken for movies for my kids. We will travel the southern africa for a yearand the kindle would be the best device to take with - we will not have internet exess all the time - so I need to download the movies I have purchased with amazon... can you help? best regards Regina
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Sure -- Unfortunately, there isn't an option to increase the internal memory of your Kindle.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
any other way? cloud? to keep data like movies... nothing I can do if I have no internet?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
was that everything regarding specialist support?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

There are ways to move the files off the Kindle (such as a SD card or Cloud services) but there isn't a way to increase the internal memory size.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok - thanks a lot! Understood regarding the internal memory size. How would I use a SD card with the kindle fire? and how do I move the data?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a SD card?

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Josh, let's try again. I don't have a SD card yet. there are only 2 plug connections on the kindle. do I have to buy a SD reader? can I download my purchased movies and watch them from the SD card? Thanks so much for letting me know. Regards Regina
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Yes, you will need to buy a SD card reader for your computer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would you be able to explain to me how to do it? if you say "computer" and not kindl ? so does that mean I can't use the reader for the kindl?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

It is possible that I misunderstood what you meant -- Do you mean you are not able to find the SD slot on the Kindle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Josh, I will go and buy reader and card and have a look and word in the shop... thanks.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

You're welcome!

Please take a minute and use the star rating at the top to rate as 5 stars.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.