Louie, Technician
Experience:  Hardware technician; board and component level.
13948492

I do not have a tax question. I am trying to re-register ,my

Customer Question

I do not have a tax question. I am trying to re-register ,my amazon fire tablet that I have taken all the way back to default. I think I need technical help
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: As I just said, I have had problems downloading books. Amazon said I have two account and two passwords and I decided to deregister the device and start from scratch to set it up. .
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: can you help me?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):
• Before you begin, make sure that:

• Your device or software application is running the latest available version.
  • You're entering the login information (i.e. email address or mobile number) you use to sign into your Amazon account.
  • Your Amazon login information is current by going to Your Account.
  • Your email client is not filtering incoming mail from Amazon to a junk or spam folder if you login with your email.

• Amazon requires an additional authentication process when registering certain devices and software applications. Follow these steps to complete registration if this is the case:

1. Choose the option to register your device or software application.
  2. Enter your login information to sign into your Amazon account (i.e. email address or mobile number). An email or text will be sent using the same method you choose.
  3. Check for a notification via email or text from Amazon containing a temporary one time password. It is time sensitive and must be used within 10 minutes of receipt.
  4. Register your device or software application using the same email address or mobile number used in Step 2, along with the temporary password.
  5. Your device or software application should now be successfully registered to your Amazon account.