ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

Samsung galaxy s6 edge memory full In my files advises video

Customer Question

Samsung galaxy s6 edge memory full
In my files advises video has 20gb, i connected my phone to pc in order to copy the video file but cant find that folder, nor can i find the 'my files' folder , both of which appear on the phone, can you advise where is this folder located on phone
Also in images there are X number of pictures but when looking on 'camera' there are much less
(i believe both have the same source of problem)
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 3 months ago.

First, ensure the phone is unlocked so that the files can be accessed by the computer.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 3 months ago.

Then on your computer, select your device for internal device storage or select Card if you have microSD card installed on your device.

If you have difficulty locating the videos, you can search for video files.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** i search for video files? there is a video folder but its empty
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry its not a video folder its movie folder, not sure how to search for videos
Expert:  ITPeter replied 3 months ago.

It will depends on what type of computer you are using.

Are you using a Mac or Windows PC?

What version of OS?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
using windows 10
Expert:  ITPeter replied 3 months ago.

A quick way to find your files in your Windows 10 PC is by using Cortana's search feature.

Cortana can search your PC from the taskbar. Type in *.mp4

After you enter a search term, tap or click My stuff to find results for files, apps, settings, photos, videos, and music across your PC and click on Videos.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry for delay, i had to get another cable to sync with pc
if i understand correct, your suggestion/solution is advising how to find videos in pc, but im trying to search for videos in my phone
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is there no specific file that the videos are kept in the phone? are they all randomly spread?
Expert:  ITPeter replied 3 months ago.

You can use the computer to search the files stored on the phone, using Cortana or File Explorer and selecting to search on the external drive (phone).

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok, this i understood from before but how do i do this?
Expert:  ITPeter replied 3 months ago.

Connect the phone to the computer using USB as you would any other memory storage device, then search the phone using your PC from the taskbar:

Type in *.mp4

After you enter a search term, tap or click My stuff to find results for files, apps, settings, photos, videos, and music across your PC and connected devices, and click on Videos.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry for the delay, i tried hard to search for 'my stuff' but it seems from reading around that windows have eliminated this with one of the updates... so havnt got this option(?)
Expert:  ITPeter replied 3 months ago.

What options do you see?

Would you like remote assistance to search for the files?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i have the following options :apps, documents & web
Expert:  ITPeter replied 3 months ago.

Ok, can you search documents?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
but phone is not part of documents?