Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

How to unlock Galaxy A5 bought as a gift at Amazon for

Customer Question

How to unlock Galaxy A5 bought as a gift at Amazon for Israel's friend. We expected it to be unlock, but it was not unlocked for Israel
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I expect to see necessary codes to unlock phone for Israel
IMEI 356399080978147/01
SN:R28J133W6NJ
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dear people, we are still waiting for your answer. Payment you did already took, even though you should wait for full satisfaction.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I apologize that you had to wait for a response.

Do you still need help with your issue?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Josh, I still need help with our issue. I will appreciate your help. If you need any additional information, I will provide it to you
Regards, *****
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi Galina,

Is it locked onto a certain network?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When Israel's SIM card is inserted message ' wrong SIM card ' appeared on the screen. We bought this phone from USA at Amazon as a gift for our friend, who lives in Israel. Most likely it is locked for Israel region and it ask for region code to be unlocked.
RGCK - region unlock code is required
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Galina,

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to bypass that message with a US based phone.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you mean, that there is no way to unlock this phone for use in Israel? It was somehow lock, it can be unlocked back. I believe, You should know code to unlock Israel region for use by this phone, if you are Samsung technician. Other wise how Factory lock it? If we will use it in USA, would it normally work?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

If you use it in the USA, it will work with a SIM card for a US based company.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
After using it for a while with USA based card, can it later be used and normally work with Israel based card? Would it be after USA unlocked automatically world wide?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

No, it will not work in Israel since it is locked out of that region.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dear *****! This device was, as we later realized, unlocked for USA and South America. How those restrictions were applied for this particular device? It was somehow restricted in Samsung database? Why it can't be rerestricted? May be you know where this issue can be fixed? I could not believe that this issue is unresolvable in 21 century. ��
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

If it is unlocked for USA and South America then it will not work in Israel since it is not unlocked for that region.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No doubt it can be unlocked world wide. Who can do it, if not Samsung technician? Do you know such company or person?
Sorry for bothering you, but I feel so guilty for useless gift I bought to my friend
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.
It cannot be unlocked for Israel. While, you may believe it can be unlocked for Israel, it cannot.