Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

Locked out of Acer forgot password, Iconic tab a210, Sorry

Customer Question

Locked out of Acer forgot password
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Iconic tab a210
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Sorry to say 4 years ago then gave up. Did the poer button and volume thing and the clip in hole
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Is your Iconic Tab an Android device? if so, you probably registered it 4 years ago with a Google or Gmail address. If so, please confirm. Also mention whether you have any other devices with internet connections, such as a computer, or a smartphone?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Didn't register with Gmail. Only Acer. Yes using another tablet now
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay what do I do I forgot password

So you have tried a hard reset of the device, then? it sounds as if you did. In which case, you probably ran into a 'password *****' when the reset device tried to restart, and asked for an account name and password.

Is it the password ***** that original registration that you have forgotten? or some other password? I want to be quite sure of what I am advising you about, please.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the original home screen password
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There's nothing on it. If I need to factory reset that's fine

Oh. But, you said you had tried Power and Volume buttons... that sounded like a factory reset to me. Did that indeed Wipe Data & Factory Reset, yet? I want to know if you've tried it already.

Is the original home screen password ***** known to you? or is it not asking for a username? I have to ask, to know what the extent and exact nature of the problem is.