Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

My Moto x phone has only a black screen. If I call my number

Customer Question

My Moto x phone has only a black screen. If I call my number I get the message that I created for callers to leave in case I can not answer. I have tried charging it with my charger, with my husbands charger but the screen is still black. Help. I am going out of town this week and really need my phone to work for communications. Before it went black I had played solitaire and did not close that screen down before putting it in bag.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: I am looking for that. Be back in a minute
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I can not find the make and model. I just know it is a MOTO X . The only troubleshooting I can do is try to charge it which is not working because I can not see anything on the black screen. I took the phone out of my bag last night and the screen was already black. I tried to charge it but saw nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The only thing I can think of is that sometime recently I saw a message that said something about a degraded ?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Please plug in your phone and while it is plugged in, hold down the power button for 20 seconds without releasing.

Check to see if the phone restarts now and let me know the results.