Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Second opinion] i recently got back a stolen Android Trek HD

Customer Question

Second opinion] i recently got back a stolen Android Trek HD 9020A. it has been factory reset by the theif and synced with their gmail account.i need help removlng their information and installing my own.i have original receipt,iphone 7,ipad, and two PC's (Windows 7,Windows 10) to help if necessary....
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i need to bypass the Google "account authorization" page
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I advise that you try a factory reset of the phone, which will erase whatever the thief put on it, and restore it to a condition that ought to be accessible to you.

If the phone was originally registered to you, then your original Google account ought to authorize OK, with whatever password ***** Google account now has.

(But if you have changed your Google account's password ***** you registered the phone, then try the original password ***** if the current password *****'t work with the phone.)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The theif was my girlfriends daughter. She put her info in the tablet instead of mine when it was new. The receipt is in my name, the payments for service and the installment charges are all in my name.

That's fine then. But, when a phone is first registered, it should record and keep, ultimately, that first registration. After a factory reset, usually, only the original Google account and password ***** get into the phone again. (It suggests that your password ***** known, I regret to say.)

But in any case, use that original password, after a factory reset of the phone of your own, and all ought to be well with the phone.

(And you might want to change your Google account's password, *if* it was the same at the time of the theft, as it is now and as it was at the time of the phone's original regsitration to you.)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She was in New York. Her boyfriend smashed her phone. I authorized her to get a replacement phone under my plan (with the understanding she would repay me). She got the phone and also talked AT&T into giving her the tablet also. She registered them with her ID, then disappeared for 18 months.As soon as I discovered what she had done, I had both turned off and reported them stolen. Never saw the phone again but the tablet was recovered. Still in my name...still paying for it. My Google ID will not access it. I have her Google ID(which will access it) ,but not her password.

Then I don't know that I can help you with that situation, and I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.