Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

My phone fell and break the screen,now I can't see anything

Customer Question

My phone fell and break the screen,now I can't see anything except when I have connected on the computer,I also deleted voice recordings that I need to recover.i have recuva and remo discover on my laptop but i cant recover any file because these two software's can't detect my phone.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  James I replied 4 months ago.

When you plug the phone in, does it show as a new drive within My Computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No it only shows my device under portable devices
Expert:  James I replied 4 months ago.

It sounds like you haven't enabled the setting within the phone to allow it to be access as an external media device

The path of least resistance is removing the SD card and access it via the computer (if the data is on the SD card) or replacing the screen so you can turn on the setting on the phone for the computer to detect the phone as a new drive.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The screen is there but it's blacked out
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Tii device is my cellphone name on the attachment I have sent you
Expert:  James I replied 4 months ago.

You need to change the phone to the option to show the storage as a drive by itself.

Another way is to map the folder path of the drive found under Tii, which can be done by following steps below (and then you can use your data recovery tools).

• Open File Explorer and select This PC.
  • Click the Map network drive button in the ribbon menu at the top, then select "Map network drive." ...
  • Select the drive letter you want to use for the network folder, then hit Browse.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi James II will do it around 17:00 today as I am currently at work and I left my phone and laptop at home.is that okay?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi James
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi James I am not coming alright with the instruction you have me, last time for a Nokia lumia 520 you adviced me to download remo recovery it did not help me at all one of the previous expert adviced me to download recuva it also did not help me, can't we use any of these apps to recover my files?
Expert:  James I replied 4 months ago.

Without the phone being setup to show up as a drive on windows the software will not work Hazel, we could try and remote session where I can see if I can adjust your PC settings to detect the storage device on the phone to appear in the apps your using.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi James I .i will accept the offer when I knock off at work in the evening then I will accept then you will be able to further assist me.