Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I RECENTLY BOUGHT MYSELF A NEW KINDLE, TO REPLACE MINE THATW

Customer Question

i RECENTLY BOUGHT MYSELF A NEW KINDLE, TO REPLACE MINE THATW AS DAMAGED IN REHAB HOSPITAL FOR A BROKEN ANKLE..I HAD POLIO AS A CHILD AND DUE TO AGE (77) AS A RESULT I AHVE LIMITED USE OF MY HANDS . I WAS GIVEN A hp NOTEBOOK AND HAD TO GET A KEYBOARD BECAUSE OF THE "SWIPEMETHOD" TO CHANGE PROGRAMS AND MY NEER ONE HAS THE SAME METHOD.i CANNOT AFFORD THE HIGHER ONES YOU PRESS, YET. dUE TO MY HEALTH, I AM PRETTY MUCH ISOLATED IN HOUSE. I LOOKED AT THE ONES YOU HAD FOR SALE AND THE ONLY ONE NEAR MY WALLET IS $179.+. hOW LONG WILL THIS SALE BE ON? i MAY BE ABLE TO BUY ANOTHER ONE AT THAT COST BUT AS FAR AS I UNDERSTOOD, THE CLOSEST ONE TO MY BUDGET IS $79. AND i AM A TOTAL JD ROBB FAN AND HER NEW :IN DEAATH" BOOK IS DUE IN A FEW MONTHS. i HAVE READ all OF THEM FROM THE VERY FIRST. i CANNOT RECALL WHEN OR HOW I ELEASRNED TO READ BUT i GOT A SPANKING WHEN I INFORMED MY FIRST GRADE TEACHER THAT I REFUSE TO READ THAT DICK AND JANE DRIVEL. I WAS A BIG FAN OF AGATHA CHRISTI WITH HERCULE PEROT.
JA: I'm trying to find the right eReader Specialist for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: i WILL HAVE TO LOOK FOR IT AS I CANNOT READ IT. I AHVE TO HAVE AIDES AND NURSES LOOKING FOR AFTER ME. AS THE MOTHER OF TWO CAREER LAW INFORCEMENT MEMBERS AND ONE RETIRED I HAVE A SERIOUS MISTRUST OF STRANGERS IN MY HOME AAND I HAVE SOME POWERFUL MEDICATIONS TO TALK WHEN MY PAIN IS TOO BAD. T MAY BE A YEAR OLD AS MY OLD ONE WAS DAMAGED ABOUT YEAR AGO CHRISTMAS..AND I GUARANTEE I HAVE TO HAVE ONE! I AM A TRUE FAN AND BECAUSE I HAVE READ ALL OF THE IN DEATH SERIES, WHILE WAITING FOR THE 40,SOMETHINGTH BOOK WHICH I HAVE PRE-0RDERED, I START BACK AT #1. MY AFTERNOON AIDE WILL BE HERE AND I WILL HAVE HER HELP ME FIND IT FOR MAKE AND MODEL. IT AND ALL THE PAPERWORK WILL BE IN THE BOX IT CAME WITH.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: MY SON WHO IS A TAYLOR COUNTY DEPUTY SHERIFF WAS SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF THIS AT NOON, BUT AND TO TRANSPORT SOMEONE TO HOUSTON. AS FOR GOING ON? THE HEALTH ISSUES OR THE INABILITY TO CHANGE THE PAGE. OLD ONE HAD TWO PLACES ON THE EDGE. THE ONE FOR $179 HAD A PAGE TURN WAY BY PRESSING THE FRAME. bUT i MAY BE WRONG...I AN PRETTY MUCH ILLITERATE WHEN IS TERRIBLY DISAPPOINTING AS I USED TO HAVE A MENSA LEVEL IQ..i HAVE BEEN MEDICALLY ASSURED I AM NOT IN THE THROES OF SENILE DEMENTIA NOR ALZHEIMER'S!
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO ..I WANTED TO BE ABLE TO READ, INSTEAD OF WATCHING TV HALF THE NIGHR. RADING HELPS ME SLEEP AS LIKE I SAID, I HAVE BEEN READING MORE THAN 70 YEARS.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What question do you have? I have read what you wrote with some attention and care, but I am not quite sure whether

A. you are asking about a price for a keyboard?

B. you are asking about a sale of a Kindle ?

and/or C: you are asking about a sales site that you have not menitoned? please mention it, if your question is about a sale.

I will answer your question as well as it can be answered, once I have that information. Feel well, meanwhile, if at all possible.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was originally asking about how long the $179.+ kindle with the press the frame type of page turning. My one I try to use is a swipe touch thing and it was hard to click on or try to swipe to do the work. I live on social security and it is a little more than I can afford all at once..
Ergo: I assume then my request will be #2..I will get my aide to help me look for the box with all the important information.

OK... what sales site is the $179 Kindle with touch-screen page turning, please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
on the kindle sales page.. one cheaper but it is the touch/swipe like the one I have.. I have been working on this and originally turned down because my debit card was rejected. come to find out YOUR SIDE entered the wrong zip code...I am on Social Security and as far as I could find out the KIndle for $179.+ was the cheapest.. I miss reading..(Glaucoma). SO, I will have to save up for one I can use. I shopped the Amazon site /Kindles and saw it online.

If you have a Kindle Touch, then can you try something to tide you over meantime?:

tap with your finger on the lower right 1/4 of the screen. That should change to the next page.... does it?