Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Gladysz here, Toshiba Satelite 15 in laptop, my samsung 7

Customer Question

Hello Pearl:
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Peter Gladysz here good morning
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Toshiba Satelite 15 in laptop
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: my samsung 7 phone pairs with toshiba but disconnects after 5-10 seconds I think this is a Toshiba problem because I have another Asus laptop with windows 10 and pairing is ideal my toshiba is windows 8.1
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just described basic problem as pairing ok with my samsung 7 edge, but disconnetcs after 5-10 minutes, at each attempt
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry I gave you wrong info. it disconnects after 5-10 seconds not minutes
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please send your suggestions to my email address:***@******.*** since I am now involved in UofT activity and cannot stay on line. Will be available later on.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

When did the Toshiba last synch correctly with the phone?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Perhaps a year ago. In the meantime a new Android upgrade was loaded onto my phone Samsung 7 edge. This phone pairs without the problem with my other laptop Asus (windows 10). But with my Toshiba Satelite 15 inch it pairs and 10 seconds later disconnects.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just cancel my request, I am not paying for anything upfront without having a solution and resolving the problem. Please cancel the request and do not charge my visa.
Kind regardsPeter Gladysz
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, than do the following please

Press the windows key + X and click on command prompt (admin)

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then tell me how it functions please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am at work now and do not have laptop with me, I can do it later on at home.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please close the thread. No satisfactory solution was offered.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok.. though you did not tell me if you actually did the instructions I gave you and the results...