Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Nuvision Tm1318. The key paid will no come up also the home

Customer Question

Nuvision Tm1318. The key paid will no come up also the home button will not respond
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: model. Tm1318
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: this is my mother tablet she just gave to me today
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Christian Gilliland replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try and assist you today. It sounds like the software on the tablet has become corrupt if the keypad and home button is no longer functioning. We will need to do a hard reset to get it back up and running. Be forewarned though, a hard reset will wipe all the information off the tablet. If that is no issue then here is how we can wipe it.

1. Power the device off.
  2. With the device powered off, press and hold the volume down and power button.
  3. The tablet will turn on into a Reboot screen. Release the power and volume buttons.
  4. With the volume up and down button, navigate to Wipe Data/Reset, press power to select and confirm.
  5. Select yes to confirm.
  6. Reset the device once it prompts you to do so.

Simply reply back if you require additional information and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. If you're satisfied with my help, please consider a 5-star rating at this time. Thank you and I wish you the best with your vehicle repairs.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have rest the keyboard comes up but it will not let me type anything

does the rest of the screen currently function?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Unable to pay additional funds
I will just send back to the company
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Issue unresolved=

There is one more thing you can try if the touch screen is working. You can go into settings, select keyboards and try to re-assign the keyboard to another one you have installed if there are multiple.

At this point I will be opting out of this request just in case another expert can help you with your issue. I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there

When you did the reset, did all your data get removed from the device and it required you to set it up again?

Is any of the screen responding to touch?

Please let me know