Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I have a Moto xplay 6.0.1. Every time I rebooted the phone

Customer Question

Hi there. I have a Moto xplay 6.0.1. Every time I rebooted the phone and go to developer options>inactive apps, it shows every single app as running and clicking on them has no effect. They remain as showing running. I am burning through battery and ram like crazy. I have to clear the cache partition at least once per hour of use or else the phone just freezes up. Any idea of what is causing this? Factory reset fixes this, but the problem always comes back in a week or two
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me some of the apps you are seeing in the list that are running?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Lol. All of them. It says every single system app and user app are active. I don't know if they actually are or not, but he phone has a rediculous lag when that happens, so I wouldnt be surprised.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

I will opt out so you can work with another expert.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Alright. Thanks.
Expert:  Christian Gilliland replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

It looks like your biggest problem is your battery life on your device am I correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Battery life is not good, but its because everything is always running in the background. I have used all sorts of cleaning apps and process killers. Helped a lot at first, but not anymore.

When was the last time you did a hard reset on your devicE?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's been a couple weeks. But that's what I'm trying to figure out. I don't want to have to reset it every couple weeks. That's a real pain in the butt.

Okay. Let's start by removing all the optimizers, cleaning apps, and process killers. Those apps always come with a lot of malware so once we get those out of the system we may see a battery increase.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok. I'll give it a try and get back to you in a bit.

great I will be here.