Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

It Wont turn on. Keeps giving me the android screen, then

Customer Question

It Wont turn on. Keeps giving me the android screen, then the apps starting screen, sometimes clouds going by then back to the android screen...over and over.... JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past? Customer: Its a tablet, no problems except slowness. N718-IPS JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried? Customer: Just today. Tried holding button down. Let it rest. Held button down. This is since 11 AM!!!!!! JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you? Customer: Cost?was told on amazon there s a reset button but I don't see one......how long will it take to get a response?5:45pm how long till I get a response please?  6:45pm when do I get my answer? You have my money, I'd like some kind of help.

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can solve your problem.

The reset button is located in a small pinhole, probably on the top edge of the device. It can be activated by unfolding a paper clip and inserting it into the pinhole. If you have the right pace you can feel a spring-loaded button that moves and clicks when you push on it. It will activate a recovery menu on the screen, which you can use the volume up/down button to navigate and the power button to select the Factory Reset/Wipe Data item on the menu.