Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

When I turn it on. It only shows the RCA screen, then sticks

Customer Question

When I turn it on. It only shows the RCA screen, then sticks on the Vicking Pro screen
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: RCA 10 Viking Pro Tablet with detachable keyboard
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yeah, I changed from a CM Security app to the 360 security app
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just how to open the tablet
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Tablet and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Tablet.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK I did as you requested to the tablet. It went back to the RCA start screen then the Viking Pro screen. I plugged the charger back in and restarted the tablet. Its still stuck on the Viking Pro screen
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thanks

Power it off.

then hold Volume UP and Power until you get to a menu

Tell me if this gets you to a menu please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still getting only the same two screens... No menu screen
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to stall.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the tablet to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you