p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Android phone and tablet expert
59725966

My kindle fire will not charge. I tried two different cables

Customer Question

My kindle fire will not charge. I tried two different cables and plugs. Do you know what is wrong?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is one of the earlier Kindle Fire's with color and a 7" screen. It also has a on/off button that turns red when charging, and green when it is charged.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About a few days. At first it was intermittent, and I could get it to charge by removing the plug and re-setting it into the tablet.
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this repairable or do I need a new one?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  p0llinate replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.