Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I forgot my password on my Samsung Tablet 7.0 is there

Customer Question

I forgot my password ***** my Samsung Tablet 7.0 is there anyway of getting in to without loosing all my photos
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: ModelG7-P3110 2 Or 3 yrs old I think
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: In the last few weeks only ,never had a screen lock on the Tablet but put a Password ***** it instead in error,now cannot remember it tried dozens now totally confused,but would love not to lose my Photos
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the tablet, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.

If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the tab it is the only way.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

1. Switch off your device.
  2. Then press and hold this buttons: Volume Up + Power button.
  3. Now you will see Recovery mode menu.
  4. Next choose option "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to scroll and Power button to accept your choice.
  5. After that select option "Yes -- delete all user data".
  6. In the end press Power button to confirm option "reboot system now".

The device will restart.

You can then set it up again.

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I thought would be your answer but was not able to convince myself.Thank you Kindly
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

you're welcome, I wish there was better news, but this is the only way forward on this

Let me know if you need anything else and please remember the service rating

Thank you