Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I am trying to purchase a gift certificate that I can use to

Customer Question

I am trying to purchase a gift certificate that I can use to buy a book for my Kindle Fire but have been disconnected twice when calling the #s listed. Can u help me
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I have a Kindle Fire listed under either my name our my husband's name. We are on vacation and I do not know how to get the make or model. Our account may be listed under Edwin Sokol (who has a Kindle) or my name Beverly K. Sokol and own the Kindle Fire.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am trying to purchase a gift card to make Kindle purchases. The reason for purchasing a gift card is that my husband has short term memory issues and was ordering books without realizing he ordered hem. Fortunately, Amazon gave us credit for the books that he ordered and I removed the charge card number from your file. It was suggested by the Kindle rep that I purchase a gift card.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Have I adequately described the problem so that you understand my situation
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Please stand by while I research the issue...

You can purchase Amazon gift cards online. Just go to www.amazon.com and login to your account using the same email and password ***** you used to register your Kindles. Then do one of the following:

1) Go to Your Account > Shopping List and select Amazon Gift Cards from the links just below the department links at the top of the page. This will take you to a screen where you can purchase and eGift card and email it to your husband.near

2) Select the Gift Cards & Registry department from the department links at the top of the page and then select the Print Gift Cards At Home box.

Either option will allow you to purchase gift cards, which will appear in your Checkout Basket, where you can select a payment method using an Amazon card, if you have one, or a credit or debit card.