Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 that I tried to access and enter

Customer Question
Amazon Account Info, Registration...
I have a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 that I tried to access and enter Amazon Account Info, Registration Error shows while registering it and to visit you.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I have had it about a year? but only in the last few days tried to use it, I cannot read the back, I will need to find the invoice. There was nothing else listed on the packaging to say model.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: There was no instructions. I tried to enter information that was initially asked for but I do not know if it was correct or not. New user.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can go to find the invoice, it may take a little while.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
1/3/2017
Android Device Expert: Steve G., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Steve G., Engineer

Hi. My name is Steve. I am one of the Kindle experts here.

I can't take a phone call right now so if you see prompts for that, understand that it is the site, not me, that is sending those phone suggestions to you.

Is the Kindle connected to the internet through your WiFi?

Let me know.
Steve

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is connected to the internet through WiFI. Model 3HT7G Input 5.0VDC 1.8A FCC ID ZHT-1013

Hi, I am unable to take a phone call right now.

Is this the first time you have tried to register the Kindle? You said it was a year old but you haven't used it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm here

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is the first time I tried to register it.

Ok. And are you registering to an existing Amazon account or are you starting from scratch?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
existing account

Ok. And are you sure that the password ***** ID you are using are valid?

Try logging in here from a different device: www.amazon.com/myk

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It works though I did not see that particular page before, I tried again to log on with the Kindle and still error reads.

If you are 100% sure of your ID and password ***** the Kindle will not accept them, reset the Kindle by holding the power button for 30 seconds, when it comes back up, make sure it is connected to WiFi (WiFi icon in top left corner) and then try and register again.

I'll be here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still came up with the registration error
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried again, I do not see the WIFI icon and cannot check that, It asks for language and then goes into Register you Kindle
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a way to back up the page to access the WiFi hook up?

Just swipe from the top and select WiFi.

Then log in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
According to that page, It is connected.

But yet you can't register?

What happens? It can take a minute or two to do this, so you may have to wait.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried to swipe across the top and nothing showed up.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a way to make sure my password ***** the WiFi is correct?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was able to make sure the password ***** the WiFi was correct but still registration error shows.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have been prompted to create an Amazon account
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
After entering Billing Account information, Device Registration Error and directing my to go to the Register Your Kindle page.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I still have problems, as I was filling out the information, it says there is a server problem.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It sent me back to Register you Kindle and Registration Error pops back up. I looked up on Amazon about registering you kindle and states
From HOME tap MENU : icon and then tap Settings, and then tap MY ACCOUNT.
How do I access that.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No response as yet.
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Android Specialist

Hi there

Sorry about the delay, do you still need assistance with this?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I still need help with this.

thanks

And on the Kindle you are setting it up for a new user account correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As I am trying to enter payment method, it is not letting me put the correct expiration month on credit card.. Then going on from that it still says it is a server error. Frustrating.

ok, make the account via your computer using my link below

Click me to open

Do it on your computer then once you have created the account, choose on the Kindle to sign in with an existing account and choose this account for signing in (that you just made)

Let me know the results please.

Richard, Android Specialist