Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

S locked up i cant get into anything what do i do? its a

Customer Question

s locked up i cant get into anything what do i do?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: its a samsung 5 about 6 months old. they told me to hold down the lowervolume key along with menu and shut down key for 10 seconds every couple days. a thing came on saying it was cleaning out my phone next thing i knew a ladies voice came on and nothing works.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just this morning. she says what the icon is i get a blue box around it but it doesnt work.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You somehow activated the Voice Assistant mode of your phone. When it is enabled, you have to tap on item to select it first (make sure the item has blue/colored outline)and then double tap on it to open that item with that outline.

To scroll or swipe you have to use two fingers. Scrolling or swiping with one finger will notwork.

Hit the menu button or open Apps list screen. If you have screen locked, then swipe with two fingers. If it asks for PIN, then touch the first number and double tap it to register it. Do the same for remaining numbers to unlock it. Or unlock with Finger print

Then tap and double tap on Settings. Remember, When Voice assistant mode is enabled, double tapwork as single tap.

You have to use two finger to swipe up or scroll down. Scroll down with two fingers, open Accessibility (tap it and tap twice on it to open), tap and double tap on Vision and then turn off Voice Assistant from there (tap and double tap on Voice Assistant switch).

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.