Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Every time I turn on the Bluetooth function on my phone in

Customer Question

Every time I turn on the Bluetooth function on my phone in the SEtTINGS dialog, it turns off again in a few seconds.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Not a TV...it's a phone.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I really haven't tried anything....not sure what to do. It's a Motorola Droid Moto
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well....I won't connect to my car or to a wireless speaker.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Rusty Rescue replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need help.
Expert:  Rusty Rescue replied 7 months ago.

Have you restarted your phone? Many times turning it off and back on resets the software used to run Bluetooth. Tell me if a restart helps.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I restarted it several times to no avail!!
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is the make and model of your smartphone? Who is your wireless carrier?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My phone is a Motorola Droid Moto Maxx and the carrier is Verizon.

We can perform a factory reset on your phone. If your problem is with the operating system software, that would solve the problem. However, your problem is more likely a hardware problem. In that case, a factory reset would not solve the problem. I suggest that you return your smartphone to the nearest Verizon store and ask for a replacement under the warranty.

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR ARE HAVING PROBLEMS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, SO THAT I CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH THE ADDITIONAL SUPPORT THAT YOU NEED. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND EFFORT WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!