Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

Forgot password for A500, model A500 5 years old, it stated

Customer Question
forgot password ***** A500 JA: What's...
forgot password ***** A500
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: model A500 5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it stated that we have tryed it says to many times and is blocked
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: how to bypass old password
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Android Devices
12/19/2016
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 11 months ago
Richard, Android Specialist

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the tablet, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.

If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the Tab, it is the only way.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

At the beginning, switch off the tablet by holding the Power button.
Afterwards press and hold the Volume Up button next.

Then press the Power button for a short while while still holding Volume Up.

You can release the Power key when you feel the tablet vibrate.
Press the Home button to see Recovery Mode menu.
Press Volume Down to choose "Wipe data/factory reset", and then push the Power button to confirm.

Select "Yes--delete all user data". Use Volume Down button to scroll and Power key to select.
In order to restart the device, select "Reboot system now".

The device will restart.

You can then set it up again.

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Android Specialist