Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Please refer to JS's file on varios emails between myself

Customer Question

Please refer to JS's file on varios emails between myself and
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Please, Pearl, refer to the emails between me and Cris over past few days. My laptop is a Toshiba "Satellite" L250 (?) running on MS Windows 7. Approximarely
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I did not access the laptop for approximately four or more years after it was purchased. To correct a previous email response, the correct model is L505 for my
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Knowing the stats of the Toshiba "Satellite" laptop running MS Windows 7, will appreciate your opinion to upgrade now to MS Windows 10+. I like the feel of the laptop and would hope it is a favorable unit for the upgrade. I now have a Dell
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. If you have a Toshiba L505 laptop, it has a single-core 2 GHz Pentium processor with 3GB of RAM. Your laptop processor meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 10. The display processor also .plays a prominent role in system performance. If your laptop is able to load and display online web pages adequately, an upgrade should be okay. One of the main reasons that older systems do not perform as well near the end of their life cycle as when they were new, is that the internet environment gets more complex over time.

I would recommend staying with Windows 7 until you upgrade your hardware. Windows 7 is a very good, stable operating system. The only downside is that new software will no longer support it. Microsoft will continue extended support for Windows 7 until January 14, 2020.

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. If you have questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND EFFORT WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!