GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

My home page split into multiple ones--how do I get back to

Customer Question

My home page split into multiple ones--how do I get back to the original home page setup I had when I bought the Samsung?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Less than 2 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Couple of weeks. Tried dragging icons onto home page. Could find no settings to help with the Library icon expanding permanently to show most recently accessed items.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** would be my pleasure to help you with this. It sounds as though the Multi Window feature is turned on.

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon > Settings.
  2. From the Device section, tap Display.
  3. Tap the Multi Window switch (located in the upper right) to turn off .

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If it solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit.

If this doesn't resolve your problem, please reply back and let me know whether your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 is the 7" model or the 10" model. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
7" I have no Apps icon on the home screen.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Please take a look at these illustrated instructions for the 7" model.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00043652/

Please let me know if that helps you to turn off Multi Screen.