Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Kindle is in USb Drive mode, Kindle paperwhite one year,

Customer Question

Kindle is in USb Drive mode
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle paperwhite one year
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Last night Turn on and off nothing
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

If those steps do not work, then please reply back to whether the Kindle is OVER or just UNDER one year from the date of purchase and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.