Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I recently had a new internet provider take over my service.

Customer Question

I recently had a new internet provider take over my service. I have a desktop that is wired direct to Hotwire and a laptop that is connected by router. However, even with the new wireless network entered on my Kindle Fire, I am unable to connect to purchase a book.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle Fire, tree years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just got back into reading so I noticed it today. I am 76 years old and n very Tech literate. Not sure about trouble shooting.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. So this issue first occurred when you switched to a new internet provider / new internet modem / router device. And the desktop is wired and the laptop is wireless.

- Is there any error or message when purchasing a book? What's the full error / message?

- Can you press and hold the Power on / off button on the Kindle Fire for about 30 seconds, then the turn it back on. Then go to the Wi-Fi / wireless setting on the kindle fire. There, how many Wi-Fi / wireless network name(s) of yours you see? When you select / connect to your network name, does it connect successfully, or does it give any error or message?

- Also, do you have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10, or Mac computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Windows XP.Turned Kindlefire off and restarted. My network comes up and Authenticating and then.....Authentication failed. The wifi setting on the kindle is on and the airplane mode is off.

When you touch your network name, does it ask for your Wi-Fi / wireless password?

- When you touch your network name on the kindle fire, does it ask for your Wi-Fi / wireless password?

- What's the model of your router?

- Also, on your computer, can you click on Start, then click on Control Panel, then open System (or open System and security -> System), and confirm your Windows edition there?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It asked me the first time I tried but no more. Router is ActionTec F2300. OS is Microsoft Windows XP.Again, I am 76 tears old and not a Techie.I am able to download samples on the Kndle. But cannot purchase.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
AOL 9.7

That's okay. When you purchase, what happens? What's the exact error or message?

- Go to Wi-Fi settings on the kindle fire, how many Wi-Fi / wireless network name(s) of yours you see?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
message is "authorization failed".

Does it ask to enter a password ***** you touch your Wi-Fi network name on the kindle fire? Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. it did the first time I tried but no more

Touch your network name, then touch the Forget option, then touch your network name again, then it should ask for the password *****

Do you know your exact Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** key? It is case-sensitive.

Please let me know. Thank you,

How is it going?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,