Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Needhelp pls, My device is locked I do not know password,

Customer Question

Needhelp pls
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: My device is locked I do not know password
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Got it in feb of this yr
JA: Anything else you want the android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just need to figure how to unlock it
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Huawei
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

I think that the outcome of this problem, depends upon whether you were the original owner of the phone, or perhaps it was registered to someone else before you bought it... ?

You see, if you try to do a factory reset & data wipe of the phone (with which, whatever password ***** now has on it from whatever source, you or perhaps a hacker??... it will revert to original settings and values), it will ask for the original password ***** which the phone was first registered, to authorize the reset... but if someone else owned it before you did, then you won't know what that password ***** ***** of course.

Is your problem precisely because you did or tried to do a factory reset and data wipe, and you do not have the original password? then in that case, I admit this present considerable difficulties.

But again: if you are the original buyer/owner of this phone, the one who first registered it, then you should be able to recover use of the phone (though the data of yours that is only stored on this phone, will be erased and lost), provided you have and/or remember the original password.