Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I can not use messaging when I am on messanger as a default

Customer Question
or the other way around...
I can not use messaging when I am on messanger as a default or the other way around, no other phone I have makes me change default when switching from one to theother.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: ZTE Max Dou LTE
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have owened the phone for a month and have tried to clear the default on both messaging and messanger (Facebook) but no results.
JA: Anything else you want the android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how do I keep it from wanting to change the default when changing from one to the other social networks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
11/2/2016
Android Device Expert: Rusty Rescue, Technician replied 1 year ago
Rusty Rescue
Rusty Rescue, Technician

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Hi, my name is Rusty. Sorry to hear you're having problems, this isn't a setting. Facebook basically hijacks your phone with the messenger app, and leaves you vulnerable to identity theft. It's designed to learn more about you to sell to big corporations, so it always defaults. It's not a setting on your phone, it's the app itself. I would recommend removing it from your phone immediately.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why don't the other 5 phones I have, which are all Samsung's, have this problem? I can go from messanger to messaging without making one or the other a default and having to switch back and forth. It's like saying that because I have Chrome as my browser I have to remove firefox, makes no sense!!!
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Android Specialist

Hi there and welcome

this can be caused d by an app you have downloaded, for example, alarm tone has a habit of causing this.

Uninstall any apps you installed around the time this issue occurred and let me know if this stops it please.

Richard, Android Specialist