Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I cannot get online on my other kindle fire hd even though I

Customer Question

I cannot get online on my other kindle fire hd even though I have: 1gone to SETTINGS. 2. Gone to DEVICE OPTIONS 3. Gone to DATE AND TIME. 4. Turned off automatic TIME ZONE and 5. Tapped on TIME then SET TIME ZONE and 6. Chosen REGION UNITED STATES and 7. Chosen EASTERN STANDARD TIME and touch 8. CONTINUE which takes me back to the DATE AND TIME page. Which still shows the WRONG DATE AND TIME even though it lists the proper TIME ZONE. I even tried to turn off the KINDLE, WAIT AND TURN IT BACK ON only to find that it is still on the wrong date and time. After rebooting it still does not correct date and time. I can't get online to chat with anyone at Amazon. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.

Hi!

Is the Kindle connected to Wi-Fi?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It won't connect to wifi unless the time is correct and date. That's scary. Does that mean you are not familiar with kindle fire?
Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.

The Automatic Time Zone option requires Wi-Fi but the manual option does not. Are you using the Automatic Time Zone option?

Go into the Date and Time then turn off Automatic Time Zone and adjust it manually. Does it work now?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
As stated in #4 on the question, I ALREADY TURNED IT OFF AUTOMATIC. I tried it both ways. PLEASE read the question thoroughly.
Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.

Sorry, the text block was jammed together so it was difficult to read.

Try this:

First, go to the SETTINGS menu which you access thru pulling down top screen, hit more and go to MY ACCOUNT.

Click on EMAIL, CONTACTS, CALENDARS. Click on CALENDAR GENERAL SETTINGS. Make sure the USE DEFAULT TIME ZONE is ON. Then click on SET DEFAULT TIME ZONE.

Pick whichever time zone you are in then hit back arrow back to your SETTINGS menu.

Go to LOCATION BASED SERVICES and turn that on. Then hit back arrow to take you back to SETTINGS SCREEN. Then go to DEVICE. Go to DATE AND TIME. Go to SELECT TIME ZONE and go from there.

Does that work?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't mean to be impatient but the instructions covered by easily available answers on YouTube and a google search, have been done. That's why I decided to ask someone with more expertise.
Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately, I do not know what you have or have not already tried unless they are listed in the question.

Did you try these?

Does that work?

Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.

Did the steps above work for you?