Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an old kindle, real old. It needs a battery, how can

Customer Question

I have an old kindle, real old. It needs a battery, how can I get a battery and how can I get it installed? ***** *****
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is the second model of kindle. Its battery is so dead I cannot find the model number. But it still works fine. ***** *****
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: What troubleshooting is therte to do if it is dead? Roy
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well amazon knows about it for the send me books to go into it when it works. They have records of it I have had it for years. but now I cannot turn it on. Roy W. Clark
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello Roy, and sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

In order to obtain a replacement battery for the Kindle, I would suggest clicking the link below and contacting the folks there. They specialize in E-reader batteries, instructions, tools and even VIDEOS that outline how to replace the battery yourself. They will likely have some questions regarding your Kindle in order to connect you with the correct battery needed for your specific model:

https://www.newpower99.com/category_s/222.htm

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please review my reply for an answer to your question.