Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

Last week I changed password for Yahoo email account on my

Customer Question

Last week I changed password ***** Yahoo email account on my laptop. Now when I try to read new yahoo email on my device it doesn't recognize the new password ***** when I go to settings I don't understand what to change
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the error or message?

Is your Yahoo email still working on your laptop?

Does your laptop have Windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10? Or is it a Mac laptop?

What's the model of the device you are having issue with?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Still get email on laptop which is Windows Vista. Device is Kindle Fire from 2014

Thank you. What happens when you enter your yahoo password ***** the kindle fire? What's the error or message?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot / fix your yahoo account through your computer first? Then it will work on the kindle.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
when I attempt to read email on device and type in new password, it says "unable to set up account . Email address or password *****" . I already had an account on the device and am not trying to set up a new account. The email from earlier in the month still on the screen on the device.

Please press and hold the Power on / off button on the kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- When you go to the email settings on the kindle, does it let you update the password *****?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No----it still says password *****

Thank you. Is your new yahoo password ***** working at the yahoo.com website (either on the kindle fire and/or on the laptop)?

Can I connect remotely to your Windows Vista computer, so I can troubleshoot / fix your yahoo account settings through your computer first? Then it will work on the kindle.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
you can connect remotely to the laptop.

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=c3be295e-c162-42b7-8338-df857bc38c7c
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,