Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

My kindle version 4.1.1 no longer connects to wifi.

Customer Question

My kindle version 4.1.1 no longer connects to wifi. apparently i cannot download books from pc using usb cable.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: My kindle version 4.1.1 no longer connects to wifi. apparently i cannot download books from pc using usb cable.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have checked several different wifi locations which work fine with pc so i know wifi is working. I have entered the passwords several time without luck and i have used the wfi button on both wifi modems and turned on the wifi setup on the kindle no luck. I can see files using usb port and can delete them however no luck downloading books.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: this is an old kindle that worked in the past but no longer. has been a while since i used it. Have bought several amazon books and delivered them to the kindle without success; obviously with the wifi down no download
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Please unplug your router from power for 60 seconds and plug it back in and allow it to power back up.

While the router is unplugged, on your Kindle, hold or slide and hold the power button down for

45 seconds and release and restart the Kindle. Once the router is fully powered on check

on the Kindle if you can get connected.

The Kindle can only download books wirelessly so please disconnect any USB connection from it

to your computer.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Any update on this, Thomas?