Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

Samsung Galaxy S6 won't turn on. Watched a video and was

Customer Question

Samsung Galaxy S6 won't turn on. Watched a video and was able to get a reboot screen with options, but think I screwed it up. Can't get the screen to appear again pressing volume up, power and home button simultaneiously!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Randy. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. It's my daughter's phone. She needs it for work. She has no land line.

This sounds like you may have to do a factory restore.

Try this first, press and hold the Volume down and Power/Lock keys on the device for 30 seconds.

If that fails then you will have to restore>

1. Press and hold the Volume Up and Home buttons.
  2. While continuing to hold volume up and home, press and hold the Power button until the Samsung Galaxy S6 screen appears then release all buttons.
  3. From the Android system recovery screen, you will see Reboot System Now, try that first, if it does not power on normally then follow these steps again and select wipe data/factory reset.
    Utilize the volume buttons to cycle through the available options and the power button to select.
  4. Select Yes.
    Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nothing happened. As I stated, I had the reboot screen up once, but did not know what to do from there. Now it won't turn on or anything.

okay, connect it to the charge cable and a wall outlet charger for 15 minutes then try the procedure again while connected to the charger.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's been charging. I know the charger works as it charges my phone. Also tried plugging the USB into my computer. I've switched back to the wall charger. I'll try again in 15 minutes.

okay, that should get it back on.

When you try again, make sure and hold the volume up and home button down completely at the same time, then wait a couple seconds and press the power button. Hold all three for about 1 minute or until you see the samsung logo.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
if that doesn't work?? Did I screw it up by not acting when the reboot screen came on before?

That is possible, how long has she had the phone?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Since December.

okay, that is good. It will still be under warranty.

which cellular provider did she get it from?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
she should just contact the carrier, Sprint? Or Samsung directly?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sprint.

yes, Sprint will replace it. Sprint warrants the phone to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal consumer usage for a period of ONE YEAR.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's good news. I tried the directions you gave earlier...charged the phone 15 minutes. Pressed the volume up and home keys, then power key simultaneously for 1 minute. Did not work. Thanks anyway,

your welcome!