Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

Samsung Galaxy S6 won't turn on. Watched a video and was

Customer Question
Samsung Galaxy S6 won't turn...
Samsung Galaxy S6 won't turn on. Watched a video and was able to get a reboot screen with options, but think I screwed it up. Can't get the screen to appear again pressing volume up, power and home button simultaneiously!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
8/29/2016
Android Device Expert: Randy Boman, Technician replied 1 year ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi, I'm Randy. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. It's my daughter's phone. She needs it for work. She has no land line.

This sounds like you may have to do a factory restore.

Try this first, press and hold the Volume down and Power/Lock keys on the device for 30 seconds.

If that fails then you will have to restore>

1. Press and hold the Volume Up and Home buttons.
  2. While continuing to hold volume up and home, press and hold the Power button until the Samsung Galaxy S6 screen appears then release all buttons.
  3. From the Android system recovery screen, you will see Reboot System Now, try that first, if it does not power on normally then follow these steps again and select wipe data/factory reset.
    Utilize the volume buttons to cycle through the available options and the power button to select.
  4. Select Yes.
    Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing happened. As I stated, I had the reboot screen up once, but did not know what to do from there. Now it won't turn on or anything.

okay, connect it to the charge cable and a wall outlet charger for 15 minutes then try the procedure again while connected to the charger.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's been charging. I know the charger works as it charges my phone. Also tried plugging the USB into my computer. I've switched back to the wall charger. I'll try again in 15 minutes.

okay, that should get it back on.

When you try again, make sure and hold the volume up and home button down completely at the same time, then wait a couple seconds and press the power button. Hold all three for about 1 minute or until you see the samsung logo.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if that doesn't work?? Did I screw it up by not acting when the reboot screen came on before?

That is possible, how long has she had the phone?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Since December.

okay, that is good. It will still be under warranty.

which cellular provider did she get it from?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
she should just contact the carrier, Sprint? Or Samsung directly?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sprint.

yes, Sprint will replace it. Sprint warrants the phone to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal consumer usage for a period of ONE YEAR.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's good news. I tried the directions you gave earlier...charged the phone 15 minutes. Pressed the volume up and home keys, then power key simultaneously for 1 minute. Did not work. Thanks anyway,

your welcome!

Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician