Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have a poloroid p900 tablet that i cant get to

Customer Question
reboot....helpp!!...
i have a poloroid p900 tablet that i cant get to reboot....helpp!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
8/28/2016
Android Device Expert: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is Alison. I am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. I'm sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Most polaroid tablets have a reset button (a recessed button accessible by a small hole) at the back. If you insert something into the hole and press it, this will reset the tablet and it should bring it back to life.

Do you see anything like that on your tablet? If so, please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is no reset button on the back i would have tried that

I'm sorry to hear that. Please give me just a moment to try to find other ways of resetting the device.

Please try these steps and let me know the results:

1. If your tablet is not off, please turn it off by pressing and holding the power button.

If you can't turn the device off, remove the battery and once the device is turned off, replace the battery.

2. If you have a SD memory card, remove it.

3. Press and hold the volume down and power buttons simultaneously.

This is the most common key combination for booting these devices into recovery mode. If this doesn't work, other possible combinations include:
    • Power button + Home button + Volume Up button.
    • Power button + Volume Up button + Volume Down button.
    • Power button + Volume Up button.
    • Power button + Home button.
    • Home button + Volume Down button + Power button.
    • Power button + Volume Down button.
  4. Once the tablet turns back on, release the buttons.

5. You should now be in the recovery mode.

6. Use the volume buttons to highlight the 'Factory Reset' option.

7. Select the 'Factory Reset' option using the power button.

8. You should now see a popup asking you for confirmation.

9. Confirm it.

10. Wait for the process to complete.

11. Don't press any any keys or remove the battery until while this process completes. Doing so can damage the tablet.
  12. Once the Factory Reset completes, the problem should be fixed.

​I have tried in vain to find a user manual for this device. There appears to be nothing other than a quickstart guide available. I have attached the guide in the hopes that it may be at least a little helpful.

http://southerntelecom.com/polaroidsupport/downloads/P900_QSG.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is no sd card in it and i dont know how the battery even comes out
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ive tried all the other recommendations

I'm sorry. I am out of ideas. I will opt out so other experts can attempt to assist you. You will be notified when someone else begins working on your question. Have a great day!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech