Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

My kindle says I'm not connected to wifi and yet it shows I

Customer Question
am connected, help...
my kindle says I'm not connected to wifi and yet it shows I am connected,
help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/21/2016
Android Device Expert: Viet - Android Tech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Viet - Android Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. After restarting the kindle, what happens when you connect to your wireless network name in the Wi-Fi / Wireless settings on the kindle? Is there any error or message?

What's the wi-fi / wireless network name you are connecting the kindle to?

What's the model of your kindle? Does it have touchscreen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the kindle recognizes network, and connects, I have full arch showing strong signal, yet when trying to view web sites it says no connection

Thank you. What's the model of your internet modem / router device?

What is the network name you have connected the kindle to?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a kindle fire with touchscreen
why do you need my internet info?

I'm sorry; I'm not asking for your wireless network password; I'm asking if you are connecting the kindle fire to the correct network name or not.

Who's your internet service provider?

What's the model of your internet modem / router device?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am connected to my home router & yes I'm using the correct password ***** it's says CONNECTED
yet I can't surf
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am on the internet now, I've got cable connection for TV, but not working for kindle
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I use Comcast cable for internet

I'm sorry; I understand, some people connect the kindle fire to general network names, such as xfinitywifi or attwifi; that usually does not work, so that's why I'm asking to confirm.

When did this issue first occur?

So when you select your network name, it asks for password, then you enter it.

Can you please press and hold the power on / off button on the kindle fire for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I haven't used my kindle in quite awhile, months. but it did work before without issues

Thank you. Can you please press and hold the power on / off button on the kindle fire for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i turned it on says I'm connected to home networks, taking forever to load movie or goodreads,

It seems it's working, but it's slow?

Can you please disconnect the power cord from your internet modem/router device for a couple of minutes, then re-connect

, then press and hold the power on / off button on the kindle fire for about 30 seconds, then turn it back

, then go to the Wi-Fi / Wireless setting on the kindle fire, then tap on your network name, then tap on the Forget option

, then tap on your network name again (which should be the same as the wireless / network name (SSID) name at the back / bottom of your comcast internet modem / router device), and connect and check. (The wireless / network password ***** be at the back / bottom of the modem / router device also.)

Please let me know. Thank you,

After trying the above steps, is the kindle fire working now? Or is there still any issue?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

If needed, here is another solution:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
  2. Tap Device Options (or Device), and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults.
  3. Tap Reset (or Yes / OK) to confirm.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions in order to re-set up your kindle fire.
    Note: Always connect the kindle fire to your correct network name (SSID) and password.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue; I will troubleshoot the issue further as needed. Thank you for your patience.

Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician