Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

It is not a tv it is my galaxy s6 phone, less than one year,

Customer Question
It is not a tv...
It is not a tv it is my galaxy s6 phone
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: less than one year
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I reset back to factory settings. However, it will not let me log in now to move forward. When I enter my id and pw it says login failed
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: He can solve a phone problem also?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/20/2016
Android Device Expert: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there, My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. The username and password ***** by the phone are the username and password ***** your Google account. Do you have a computer or tablet that you can use to login to Google with your username and password? if so, please try to login. Let me know if you are not able to login. We may need to reset your password. If you can't login please let me know the exact error message that you receive.

I see that you've had to wait quite awhile for help. I am sorry about that. I will stand by for a response and do my best to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not sure what else I can tell you the problem is as I have described.

Were you able to see my previous response? The username and password ***** by the phone are the username and password ***** your Google account. Do you have a computer or tablet that you can use to login to Google with your username and password? if so, please try to login. Let me know if you are not able to login. We may need to reset your password. If you can't login please let me know the exact error message that you receive.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did see your previous response but not clear why you want me to log into google. I can do that, but it has nothing to do with my phone aware of. Please tell me what you can do to fix the problem with my phone. I cannot use the phone at all because once I did a factory reboot it will not accept my password.Again if I log into google, which I can, what do you want me to do?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We seem to be going around in circles
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am log into my google mail what do you want me to do?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Btw tried logging into my phone with my google login and that did not work
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The error message I get is invalid I'd and pw which it is not invalid
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is asking for my Samsung acct which I have and tried several times and I know that is correct because I can sign in to Samsung on my OC using the id and oassword
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Password
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now it is telling me I tried to sign in 5?times and it sent me a report I will check that and tell you what itbsays
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Actually I have tried logging into my phone with all of my accts. But imknowmwhat my Samsung account is and that is what it is asking for and does not work on my phone.

If you can sign in to your google account, I want you to use your google email address and password ***** sign on to your phone. Please try that and let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As I said above I have signed in to my google account it is***@******.***. Also tried it on my phone with no luck if u send me an email to that account I will respond. Right now I am on my iPad but can go a OC, but that shouldn't matter.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure where we are going here? Again I have tried to sign in on my phone with my google acct. the problem is after rebooting back to factory settings the first thing it wants me to do is sign in. So I cannot get to any other fubpnctions and all of npmore apps were deleted in the reboot

It sounds as though perhaps you did not complete a full factory reset. If you do a Factory default reset then your phone will react as though it is brand new. You can then sign into any Gmail/Google account as the phone does not remember what account or password ***** used before. If you use the same account you were using before then it will restore any apps you had previously installed plus anything that was stored on the web. Were you asked to do those things?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It seems like this issue is beyond the scope of what "Just get answers" does. There is only one authorized Samsung phone repair company in the la are which is down town all of the local places I have gone to have told me I need to go there so I guess I will although that will be an all day effort which I know is not your problem.Unless you have some other significant suggestion we should call it quits. Thanks for your assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can't really tell perhaps it did not complete the factory reboot as you suggest. I will try running that again because what you said makes sense. Let me try that and se what happens tha wil just take about five minutes.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Rebooted and it came back to initialization, but took me to the sign in again saying Samsung account which is where I have been at leas t ten time today.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No luck same result. Again I am open to ideas but I am wondering if this phone is hosed. It is only ten months old!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I never directly answered your last question. In short the reboot came to the same place it did before and that is a "set up wizard" but when you hit next at that point is where I get into the sign on situation that does not seem to work.

Were you required to out in your wifi information again?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot do anything in the phone since I cannot get past this sign on cannot access any features such as wifi, cannot get to settings at all again stuck at sign on

Perhaps you did a "soft reset" rather than a complete factory reset. Let's try again to do a full reset. I have provided two ways to do this below:

METHOD ONE

1. First, turn off the phone by using the Power button.
  2. Now press and hold together: Volume Up + Home + Power button, until you see Samsung logo.
  3. Then select from Recovery Mode menu "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.
  4. Choose "Yes -- delete all user data" to confirm the whole operation.
  5. After that select option "reboot system now".

​METHOD TWO:

1. Start by turning on the device.
  2. From the Home Screen go to Menu and then to Settings.
  3. Tap Backup & reset and then Reset device.
  4. To confirm your choice select Erase everything.

Please click on the link below if you'd like to view illustrated instructions for a hard reset:

http://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-g920f-galaxy-s6/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try the first one because I cannot get to the home screen

Thank you. Please keep me posted.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok now it appears we are getting somewhere let's see what happens it is booting now

Great! It should ask you to setup your wifi and then ask you to enter your Google account information (email and password). Here is a link to a tutorial that will walk you through the setup process.

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-set-samsung-galaxy-s6-and-s6-edge

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

I will be logging off for the evening soon but I will check back for your response first thing in the morning. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure what time zone u r in I am in PST so it won't be too early on Sunday. Probably between 10 and 11 put time. Btw it camp me back to the sign on screen and the google acct did not work it is asking for my Samsung acct. let's start freshtomorrow

It should be asking for your Google account information, not your Samsung account. However, if you would like to try your Samsung account info, please try to login to to that account on your PC or tablet first. Please go to https://www.samsung.com/us/support/account/. If you're not sure what your password ***** please click on the "Forgot Password" link and follow the instructions to reset the password. Please do not try repeatedly on your phone to enter the user name and password ***** the phone may be locked after too many incorrect attempts. For this reason it is important that you test the username and passcode on the website before you enter it on your phone.

I am on CST. I will check back in with you tomorrow. Thanks again for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Good morning unless you have come up with something else I am going t I go back to Costco where I bought the phone and see if they will replace it. This morning I tried rebooting again with yhe same result cannot log in.

I don't have any further suggestions. If they will not replace it you may want to go to your cell service provider and ask for help in getting it set up correctly. Have a great day AND GOOD LUCK!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech