Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

My phone is locked and it was by mistake I know my pattern

Customer Question
and it only gave me...
My phone is locked and it was by mistake I know my pattern and it only gave me two tries and locked me out and now it ask for a pin back up which I don't know
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
8/8/2016
Android Device Expert: Randy Boman, Technician replied 1 year ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi Felix,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I will be glad to assist you with this.

What is the model number of your phone please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
smg900vzdv
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did you get that?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Acknowledge please, I want to know if I am getting a response. I've hit send twice already.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not going to call for another $20, it already appears I'm not getting a response and I will be canceling this membership tomorrow.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for nothing Randy!

I am sorry about the delay.

Do you have a Samsung account connected to the phone?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know, I have a Verizon acct. and thats probably it.

okay, the only option will be to reset the Samsung.

Follow these steps please>

• Turn the Galaxy S5 off.
  • Now press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button together until you see the Android on screen.
  • Now use Volume down to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
  • Use Volume down again to highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
  • Wait until you see the reboot system now option and then use the Power button to select it.
  • When the S5 restarts it should be completely wiped and ready to set up again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I read that before consulting JustAsk but it is correct, it will wipe everything off of the phone. I am trying to avoid that?

okay, unfortunately due to the security of the samsung phone that is in place to protect your data from getting stolen or used by criminals the security will only allow you to get back in the phone if you have a google recovery account or samsung recovery account set up on the phone. The phone usually request that info when you first set up the phone. What is the email that you use regularly?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The only email I use is***@******.***

okay great. It looks like that email was used to set up a samsung account. Reset the password ***** we can use that to unlock the phone if it is connected. Follow the steps in your email and then let me know the password *****

An E-mail for changing password ***** been sent to your E-mail.

Your ID:***@******.***

Please follow the instructions in the Email to reset your password. If you do not receive an E-mail, check your spam mail box.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is the password Aztlan2016Libre

okay, did you reset that on the email as your Samsung account password?

It does not work, are you sure that is the password?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it confirmed that it had been reset successfully.

okay, follow this link and try signing in please>https://us.account.samsung.com/account/signIn.do

were you able to sign in?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is the new password *****

okay, what is your first and last name please?

Does it show any other account for the user name on the Samsung website?

click on this link and filll out the from and see if it shows a different id>https://account.samsung.com/account/find/accountFindEmailView.do?serviceID=9fm95yr10p

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Felix Rivera and ok I'll click and fill out the form.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm just repeating the process and it says that it was changed successfully and to fill out the info. and than says it is not correct which was confirmed with my first and last name but says it is not available.

when you put your name and birthday on the form does it show the [email protected] as your samsung id?

the***@******.*** may be your recovery email and there could be another email as your id and that may be why the [email protected] and the new password ***** ***** working as your samsung id.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it doesn't it says incorrect password ***** id

okay, what is your birth month, day, year?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
March 19, 1954

Im not sure why it is doing that, it sends a link to your email but then wont allow the sign in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well, what is your next suggestion? I am at wits end with this problem.

Unfortunately the reset is the only option to the phone working again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, if that is the ONLY option, lets get it done.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My last phone is also locked do I reset that one also to unlock it?

Follow these steps please>

• Turn the Galaxy S5 off.
  • Now press and hold the Volume upbutton, the Home button, and the Powerbutton together until you see the Android on screen.
  • Now use Volume down to highlight thewipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
  • Use Volume down again to highlightYes – delete all user data and pressPower to select it.
  • Wait until you see the reboot system now option and then use the Powerbutton to select it.

Let me know if that works please.

Did that work for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Randy, thanks, ***** ***** didn't work and I'll just figure out what to do.

Okay, let me know if I can help.

Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician