GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

MY GALAXAY 3 IS GOING STRAIGHT TO VOICE MAIL NOT RINGING

Customer Question

MY GALAXAY 3 IS GOING STRAIGHT TO VOICE MAIL NOT RINGING JUST SHOWING UP AS A MISSED CALL?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: A FEW DAYS...I THINK I MAY HAVE ACCIDENTALLY DID SOMETHING WHEN I TRIED TO PUT A NEW APP AND DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH STORAGE SPACE
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: NONE
JA: The Android expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: NO
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 year ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Try these steps please.

Go to Apps, then Settings, then tap on more Settings, then make sure airplane mode is off. Let me know please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i went to setting airplane mode is off...i don't have an app icon or don't know where that is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wont hear that since all incoming calls are going to vm...call(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is taking too long...can you please help me?

try pressing the volume up button a few times on the side and see if the ringtone is all the way up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay...please help me...what do i need to do?

then call the phone and see if it will ring.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can someone please help me...my phone is not on airplane mode and is not ringing...going straight to voice mail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that what you guys do...take peoples money and don't give them the help or answer once you get their credit card info...????

Also, try taking the battery out for a few minutes and put it back in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
randy can you please give me a solution to fix my phone. i tired to download and app...did not have sufficient storage...try to free up some storage and my have deleted or turned off something essential...my galaxzy 3 is going straight to vm while showing a missed call...not even ringing...can you help me or not???????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my volumn is all the way up...im not an idiot...you got anything else?

sorry, just making sure.

try going to the sound settings, check for any issues.

1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
  2. Touch Settings .
  3. Touch Sounds and notifications .
    Note: It may be necessary to touch the DEVICE tab and then touch Sounds and notifications.
  4. Touch Do not disturb. make sure it is off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did that did not work...how do i turn off blocking

To turn off the Blocking mode feature, from the Home screen touch Apps > Settings > Blocking mode . Touch the switch to turn blocking mode on/off . There will be a check mark next to the features. Choose from Block incoming calls,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did not work...how much is this complete was of time costing me?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hi there! I'm sorry that you're having this issue with your phone. I know it must be extremely frustrating. I think that I may have a solution. Please try the following and let me know how it works for you.

1. From any Home screen, tap the Phone icon.
  2. If necessary, tap the Keypad tab.
  3. Tap the Menu key and then tap Call settings.
  4. Tap Additional settings.
  5. Tap Call forwarding
  6. Tap Voice call.
  7. Tap Always forward.
  8. Tap Disable

If your menu has different options, please let me know. If you'd still like a phone call, I will be happy to call you. Is this a good time?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

This must not be a good time. I just called and had to leave a message. Let me know when a better time would be.

If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Here are a couple of other things to check for, in case disabling the call forwarding doesn't work.

1. Go to Settings
2.Look for blocking mode
3. If you see a check beside block incoming calls and/or disable notification, please uncheck it and you will get incoming calls.

If all else fails, try this:

Go to the green phone symbol, recent (calls), find a call that didn't go through, touch it, go up to the vertical 3 dots on the screen's top right corner, press them, a list is presented, last on the list is "remove from reject list".

Please let me know the results after you've tried these suggestions. i am committed to working with you until the problem is resolved to your satisfaction.