Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I just got back from the phone store and bought a lg F7. The

Customer Question

I just got back from the phone store and bought a lg F7. The salesperson downloaded my contacts and verified 17 in the phone. When I got home only 5 were in the contacts. He said something about having to than manually put each one in. I cant find out how to do that.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
contacts were synced in but only partias list showing up in phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
partial

You can enter your contacts manually by opening the new contact option and typing them in, one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what happened to the 30 he synced..only 15 show up?

I do not know exactly how the salesperson synced your contacts. There are several ways to do this. It can be done by transferring them to the sim card, by downloading a backup from either your service provider or the manufacturer of your phone, by a migration procedure from your old smartphone to your new one, or by third party backup and restore. There are also several different types of contacts, depending upon how they were originally entered. There are device contacts, Google contacts, Microsoft contacts, and manufacturer contacts. Some of these do not sync by all the transfer methods. It is not worth worrying about now. Just reenter the ones that you need and be aware of the type of contact you are entering. The contact type is user selectable, and you should use the same type for all your contacts, so that your migration will be more successful next time you change phones.

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. If you have questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND EFFORT WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!