Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

On a recent 0verseas trip my previously unlocked Samsung

Customer Question
On a recent 0verseas trip my...
On a recent 0verseas trip
my previously unlocked Samsung galaxy nexus phone locked itself.
Now it is showing emergency calls only and will not allow me into my phone even though messages are showing as coming through.
I do not know my original setup pin but I can get into my google account on my computer but can't seem to find a way to unlock my phone again.
It is set-up with a valid prepaid sim with plenty of credit still on there.
it now brings up
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
7/14/2016
Android Device Expert: ITPeter, Engineer replied 1 year ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi Guy,

If the phone is showing emergency calls only, then the SIM card may not be making good contact - try removing and cleaning the SIM card, then fit it back into the phone and try again.

If that doesn't work, let me know the exact message you are seeing on the screen.

--------------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips greatly appreciated :)
Alternatively, please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------------

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The sim card is ok as I have tried it in another phone and it works perfectly and there is still plenty of credit on it.
I have realised since that it is only outgoing calls that can't be made, incoming calls are being received.
.
The screen is just showing just the normal phone keypad with emergency call only message underneath.
the keypad only registers numbers , no letters. Can swipe the screen across and it comes up with a closed lock sign.
When we try to type in what we thought was the original setup 4 digit code it just comes up as Wrong Pin.
Have connected phone to my computer and it recognises it but says there is nothing to import, "please unlock your phone and try again."
Have tried another sim in the phone and it shows the same message. Can you have an outgoing connection problem but not an incoming one? The phone has obviously connected to my home wifi ok as we keep getting message icons showing on top message bar , fb , mail etc.
I can get into my google account on my computer as well and it has details of when the phone was last accessed etc.
Have changed the pin on my google account but we can't input this into the phone as we only have the numeric keyboard.
I tried unsuccessfully to connect my phone to a wifi network in Thailand 2 weeks ago, it was after this that it locked the startup screen. Could it be something to do with this ?

Ok, this problem can sometimes occur on Samsung handsets after an overseas trip.

To fix it, try going to an area far away from my home i.e. completely different cell towers.

Pull the SIM card out and reinsert it again with the phone on and after a few moments it should reconnect to the network and all calls should be working properly again.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?

ITPeter
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer