Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

The keyboard on my Asus Tablet won't work. When I turn the

Customer Question
Hi the keyboard...
Hi the keyboard on my Asus Tablet won't work. When I turn the tablet on, the screen keyboard is the only one that will work.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Several days now. I recharged both the tablet and the screen yesterday, so power isn't an issue.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing because I'm not very technically competent!
JA: The Android expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, just tell me how to fix it. The tablet is only a month old so if it doesn't work, I'll be returning it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Android Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/14/2016
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Android Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which model Asus you have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
T100 Chi

Thanks

This can be filter keys

Check your system tray for the stopwatch symbol (bottom right), double click it to go to the settings, and turn it off

Does it then work?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have no idea what a system tray is

It is in the bottom right, where you see the time and other icons.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i'm in settings. Do I have to turn the on-screen keyboard off?

No, turn Filter keys off please

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I've turned the filter keys off. (My son usually sorts out the computer for me, but he's away).

is the keyboard now working?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've turned the filter keys off. Now what?

is the keyboard now working?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Can you restart the tablet and tell me if it works

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Restarted and it still doesn't work.

when did the problem start?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yesterday. It did it once before, but sorted itself out. This time it hasn't.

Thanks

I want to do a system restore please.

To do this, close all programs.

Press the windows key + X and click on Control Panel

click System and Security

Then click on System

Then System Protection

Then System restore

Choose a date before this problem occurred.

Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I'd better forget this. I'll wait 'til my son gets back from holiday and if he can't sort it out I'll be returning it to the company I bought it from. It's only a month old and obviously has a fault.Thanks anyway.

but we can do this right now.. it will just undo any corruption thats been caused resulting in this.

I will mark this question to remain open though, so you can return here at any time, this is no problem,.

And if you can please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, we can't do it right now because I don't know what I'm doing. I WAS working fine .... now it isn't. So it can go back.

ok, if you change your mind let me know please, as the steps I gave are step by step and I can assist you through this, this is no problem.

I can even connect to the computer and do them for you if you wish.

Richard, Android Specialist